Watford, 16 July 2012: CollectPlus has chosen British Land and London & Stamford owned Meadowhall Shopping Centre in Sheffield as a pioneering new location for its innovative parcel service. The new CollectPlus Parcel Point gives Meadowhall staff as well as the 25 million plus shoppers that visit the shopping centre each year the choice of dropping off parcels, or collecting online purchases, at a time and a place convenient to them.
The opening underlines CollectPlus’ response to the busy lives of its customers and commitment to creating convenient destination points throughout the UK. Like all other CollectPlus stores, the customer service desk at Meadowhall uses PayPoint technology to enable customers to collect and send parcels, meaning that they will then be able to accurately track their package every step of the way.
Mark Lewis, CEO of CollectPlus, says:
“Offering the CollectPlus service in partnership with Meadowhall is an excellent example of our focus on providing our customers with the most convenient ways possible to drop off and collect their parcels. For Meadowhall’s busy shoppers and retail staff, this means an end to wasted Saturdays or lunchtime queuing at out-of-town Royal Mail depots to return parcels and, instead, a greater focus on choice and convenience – that, importantly, can fit better into their everyday lives.
“Continuing the expansion of our network of stores and establishing new partnerships demonstrate the strength of our business case. We know that our customers require flexible delivery and returns services and we are intent on helping retailers provide a solution that offers the greatest choice and convenience.”
Darren Pearce, Centre Director at Meadowhall Shopping Centre, says:
“Being at the forefront of the latest developments and changes in the retail industry is something Meadowhall prides itself on. We hope to see a number of shoppers and staff alike take advantage of the CollectPlus service in Meadowhall, which will be the first of its kind in a shopping centre.”
Over 85% of people in UK towns are within a mile of a CollectPlus shop (all of which are part of the 24,000-strong network of PayPoint stores). With the latest IMRG Home Delivery Report finding that almost three quarters (72%) of online shoppers are not willing to travel more than five miles to collect goods ordered online, CollectPlus is uniquely placed to offer the delivery and returns choice that consumers are clearly demanding.
There are over 4,700 CollectPlus stores and petrol stations in the network, all of which open early until late and often seven days a week, making it easy and convenient for people to collect and drop off parcels.
For further information, please contact the CollectPlus team at the Red Consultancy:
Tel: 0207 025 6500
- Meadowhall is open from 10am-9pm Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm Saturday and 11am-5pm Sunday. The Oasis Retailers and VUE Cinema are open later each day.
- Meadowhall recently scooped two National Purple Marketing Awards for its public relations and events, making it one of the top profile shopping centres in the UK.
- Meadowhall has over 25 million visitors a year, 12,000 free parking spaces and 280 retailers.
- As a leading retail destination, Meadowhall is constantly attracting big brands with stores such as Urban Outfitters and TK Maxx having opened in Spring 2012.
- The exciting new line up joins a mix of popular and leading retailers, including House of Fraser, offering customers a range of exclusive brands including Mulberry, Crème de la Mer, Biba, Bobby Brown, Kiehls and Debenhams, which has recently launched Illamasqua alongside MAC, as well as other popular high street stores including New Look, Topshop, Primark and Next.
- Meadowhall has also recently completed the £7 million refurbishment of the Centre’s quality food destination the Oasis Dining Quarter, offering day and evening shoppers a diverse choice of food and drink establishments, including ChaoBaby, Giraffe, Las Iguanas, Harvester, Wagamama and TGI Fridays.
- Meadowhall Shopping Centre enjoys excellent transport links with the Meadowhall Passenger Transport Interchange (PTI) which has facilities for local and regional bus, train and Supertram services that run throughout.
- Meadowhall is a green centre recycling 95% of its waste, collecting and re-using rain water and was the first centre in the UK to install electric car charging points.
- For more information visit www.meadowhall.co.uk or follow us on twitter @LoveMeadowhall and Facebookwww.facebook.co.uk/meadowhallshoppingcentre for all the latest updates.
CollectPlus is a delivery and returns service giving online shoppers greater freedom and flexibility with the choice of collecting and dropping off parcels at local convenience stores.
With 98% of CollectPlus outlets open seven days a week and, normally, early in the morning until late at night, the service offers online shoppers the option to pick up or drop off purchases at a time and place convenient to them. 85% of the UK population lives within a mile of a CollectPlus store in urban areas, and 86% within five miles in rural areas.
CollectPlus is a joint venture between PayPoint, the leading retail payment network, and the UK’s leading parcel delivery company, Yodel.
In 2011, CollectPlus has been named ‘Third Party Logistics Supplier’ of the year at the Retail Week Supply Chain awards; ‘Innovative Delivery Service’ at IMRG’s eCommerce Excellence Awards; and has been highly commended by Retail Systems for ‘Supply Chain Solution of the Year’.
Home Delivery Network Ltd on 1 March 2010 purchased through its subsidiary company, Parcelpoint Ltd, the domestic B2B and B2C businesses of DHL Express (UK) Ltd and rebranded as Yodel in May 2010. The company delivers more than 200 million parcels per year with annual revenues of £650 million and is the second-largest parcel delivery business in the UK after the Royal Mail.
Yodel operates from a national network of sort and service centres and has a fleet of over 5,000 vans.
The company is headquartered in Hatfield.